Friday, January 10, 2014

Apron Shaped Recipe Organizer and Stand Tutorial - Part 1

Hi everyone,
I have a super exciting project to share today. Its an apron shaped recipe organizer/book and stand!



Yes, that's a mouthful! It is a great resource and I spent a great deal of time adding to it, all sorts of gizmos I get annoyed when I don't have in my kitchen....so, lets get started!
This will be a video series, as it is a bit of a long winded project.

Intro video:

Direct youtube link: http://youtu.be/GAk522np7R8 

You will need:

  • Silhouette store image #42988 (we will be making a lot of changes to the main apron shape and the coordinating pockets)
  • (11) 8.5 x 11" solid colored cardstock (preferably in one color)
  • (6) 8.5 x 11" solid colored cardstock (preferably one color also, different than above)
  • Ribbon
  • A paper collection with at least 10 different 12 x 12 sheets
  • OR
  • (16) 8.5 x 11" patterned paper
  • Score tape
  • ATG gun or tape runner
  • Embellishments to taste
This is the collection and colors I will be using for my next album
Hope you enjoy this, and check back tomorrow for part 1.5 where I show you how to arrange the apron shape to fit this album using Silhouette Studio Designer Edition.

Pictures



















3 comments :

  1. Love , love, love these! I may have to try one (when I learn the Silhouette). Thanks for playing along with Silhouette Challenges!
    Pam
    DT Silhouette Challenges

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Let me know if you have questions :)

      L.E.

      Delete

Questions or comments always welcomed!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...